Election Day

There are a lot of people who say, if the out come of the election today turns out like a lot of people think it will, that is because of a failed presidency.  Others will say that the presidency was a failure because the Republicans stopped him from doing the thinks that he wanted to do.  Actually, I would say the American people stopped him from doing what he wanted to do.

The House of Representatives  are dominated by republicans but they did not just come out of the ground from hades or Lock Ness.  There are 545 House districts and each of those districts had fair elections and a majority of those districts voted for the republicans.  The republicans in the House want to be reelected for a second term so they are doing, pretty much, what their constituents want them to do.  So it wasn't the republicans who stopped Obama but a majority of the American people who stopped him.

It will be interesting to see the analysis of who voted and why.  I believe that not as many Blacks will have voted as much as the Dems would have liked and that more Blacks will have voted republican than normal.  Only time will prove me right or wrong; so I will be testing my gut feeling and if I'm right I will not gloat, hopefully.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The future of our country